The third edition of ShiRock Contest is all set to take place in Ukhrul from 16th – 19th October 2019.
ShiRock Fest, is an annual international rock festival of Manipur. This year, it would be held from 16th October to 19th October 2019. It’s a government-sponsored ticket-free music festival, a part of Shirui Lily Festival organized by Manipur Tourism Department to promote the conservation of the endangered state flower Shirui Lily and to promote young talented Artistes.
1st Prize: Rs 10 Lakhs
2nd Prize: Rs 5 Lakhs
3rd Prize: 2.5 Lakhs
Individual Prizes: 6 Individual Prizes of Rs 25k each
Terms and conditions:
- Band Members must be 18 years and above
- Only bands from North East India
- English songs only
- Minimum 3 band members with drums, bass, vocal/s, and guitar/ guitars
- Should bring their own instruments
- Drums and microphones will be provided
- No lyrical content regarding religion, brutality, community or such
- Prepare 2 songs for the first round and the rest will be revealed after you finish the auditions
- Originals preferred
- Additional Sound Console not allowed
- Pre-Recorded tracks not allowed
To apply for auditon, visit shirockfest.com
ShiRock, an annual international rock festival of Manipur, is an exclusive to Shirui Lily Festival organised by Tourism Department, Government of Manipur. It would be held from 24th April to 28th April 2018 in Bakshi Ground, Ukhrul Headquarters, Manipur. It’s a ticket-free international music festival to promote the conservation of our endangered state flower Shirui Lily and to promote young talented Artistes, which will in turn promote eco-tourism in Manipur. The last edition- ShiRock 2017-was a grand success with a crowd turnout of 30,000 to 40,000 per day.
The major attraction of this festival is the ShiRock Band Competition wherein different bands from the entire Northeast regions will clash for Shirock 2018 title worth Rs 10 Lakh. This edition of ShiRock will feature two internationally renowned Rock Bands “Steelheart” and “Queensryche” on the opening and closing days respectively. These famous bands will perform in India for the very first time at Bakshi Ground, Ukhrul, Manipur.
Shirui Lily flower is a unique and rare species of terrestrial lily grown naturally, and only found in Shirui peak in Ukhrul, Manipur. This seasonal flower, which blooms in Summer, is famous because it cannot be transplanted elsewhere in the world despite numerous attempts made by researchers and scientists. Hence the name, Shirui Lily.
A brief on what the cause is:
- To promote the conservation of our endangered state flower Shirui Lily
- To promote young talented Artistes.
- The festival’s vision is to promote Tourism through music in this part of the world. The state government and concerned authorities are trying very hard to promote our biggest assets music, tourism and culture
- Winner – Reverse Tragedy
- Winner – The Wishes